How to Post or View a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. To post or view a comment, click on the comments link under each post beside the post time. (eg.5:45pm 4 comments)


Sunday, June 7, 2009

What's the difference?

Just trying to figure out why preparing for this baby is so much more relaxed than the previous two.

Is it simply because we've done it twice before?

Is it because having a 3 year old & and 21 month old leaves you little time/energy to dedicate to fear of the unknown.

Is it because we don't have to rush around buying anything?

Is it because the kids are older & less demanding than they've been (although I wasn't even working full time in my first pregnancy so that can't be it)

Are we just less selfish? (YES!)

Or is it because for the first time in our married life, let alone my pregnant life, I am actually the tiredest person in the house & I'm actually getting some (relative) rest from normal activities. ie Craig has been able to help with the last half hour of the kids' evening routine, willing to help with dinner & heaps of housework (I have to say that - I asked him to read this post! That is after making dinner for the fifth time this week and washing up before doing the ironing), & on the weekends Craig is keen to spend time with the kids and me because he has the energy to do so. I have even been taking rests on my own!!!!!

The last two pregnancies Craig had CFS. He was working but that was about it. If I needed any rest - he needed more. If I couldn't do any work around the house - neither could he, so it just piled up. If I didn't have the patience or stamina to keep going with my son, I had no hope of asking him to pick up the pieces. If I couldn't face another early morning start - bad luck. If I had been up all night with a sick child I just had to keep going when the sun rose. The buck stopped with me.

But this time we've been taking turns on the early morning shift for months. Craig actually wakes in the night if the kids wake (I should say when the kids wake.)

Things are very, very different and I think the main difference is that my husband isn't tired all the time.

2 comments:

Libby said...

That is awesome. Praise God! Praying for you guys and can't wait to meet the little one!

Lauren said...

Thanks Lib, we can't wait either!